Wednesday, September 1, 2021

How To Know Whether Your Work's Gonna Be A Bestseller Or A Bomb

Turnip-lover, Sara B., sends me some heart-filled praise:

"Hello!! I stumbled across your shop while looking for SVG files for possible future signs I could make for my shop. I just HAD To tell you that I fell in LOVE with your shop. I want to buy everything!! I will defiantly be buying in the near future! I’ve never done this before, I just really felt the need to tell you! Haha"

And while this is Sara's first time sending out a message like this, it's definitely not my first time receiving one. :)

(I never get tired of them though. So thank you so much for taking the time! It really means a lot!)

But:

It reminds me of something that world-famous Dilbert cartoonist, Scott Adams, once said about discovering hidden hits.

Most people spend tons of time creating artwork.

And after that, they spend tons more time promoting their artwork. To get more customers, sales, and to build their creative businesses so they don't starve on the streets like Van Gogh and every other starving-artist out there.

But the problem with this approach?

It doesn't matter how much time you spend marketing and promoting it... a piece that wasn't destined to be a hit, will almost never be a hit.

Better start with something that's destined to be a hit in the first place.

And then promote the daylights out of it.

But then comes another question:

How do you know whether the art you create is destined for world-wide fame and the oh-so-elusive bestseller status or not before you start the hard work of marketing and promoting it?

As Scott Adams says...

... you expose people to it and...

... you measure their PHYSICAL reactions to your work.

If something is destined to be a bestseller, it will almost always cause people to have some sort of physical reaction.

Whether that reaction is:


  • clicking the like button

  • telling their friends all about it

  • leaving a comment

  • sending a message about it

And the more physical effort required for a particular reaction, the more likely your work is gonna be a bestseller. Sending someone a message telling them you love their work and want to buy everything they create is WAY more effort than clicking a little blue 'Like' button.

And:

That's also how I knew very early on that my artwork was gonna be a hit sooner or later.

I just had to get it out there.

And in front of more eyeballs.

And...

... you know the rest of the story.

But it wasn't an easy ride, mind you.

It took a lot of hard work, effort, patience, diligence (and almost every other Biblical virtue out there) for me to improve my drawings and experiment with my illustrations until they got to a level where they created a huge physical response in almost everyone that saw them.

In short:

I don't recommend doing it from scratch.

Unless you love doing stuff like that, of course.

But otherwise...

... if you want the fastest and easiest way to create bestselling works of art for your crafting projects and your business that people love and drool over...

... just piggyback on top of mine and...

... use them as a base for your creative greatness.

I've already proven it works.

All you need to do is click here and grab what you need.

Sincerely,
Aurelia Nobleia
"Body Mover Extraordinaire"

P.S. I've been doing a new experiment on Instagram, where I'm featuring customer's artwork if you're using our designs.

Wanna see how much of a physical response you can get from people?

Let me feature your artwork on our page, and let's see. :)

Just use the tag #turnipco

I'll feature you here.

...

This letter "How To Know Whether Your Work's Gonna Be A Bestseller Or A Bomb" was first published on turnip.co