Thursday, August 19, 2021

How To Get In Hundreds Of Squats A Day This Fall

A couple of weeks ago:

One of my fitness mentors (who also happens to be a world champion martial artist) posted a funny photo on Instagram.

In the photo...

... he was squatting while wrapping his hands around a beautiful piece of bamboo growing outside his home, with its leaves scattered on the surrounding grounds.

Someone asked in the comments:

"Who rakes the leaves?"

To which he replied:

"No one does. I pick them up one by one. One squat at a time."

He uses the leaves as an opportunity to get in his daily squats. And with each squat a leaf is removed. One by one. Until the grounds are clear. Some days there are hundreds of leaves. And that means hundreds of squats.

All this just goes to show that...

... life is full of opportunities... hidden in plain sight.

But as the legendary Ralph Waldo Emerson once said:

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are but tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

The opportunities we see on the outside pale in comparison to those hidden within us.

Inside you are an uncountable number of hidden talents, strengths and abilities that lie untapped. Most people go through their lives never discovering these buried opportunities. And at the end of your life, they are buried, gone and wasted.

A great teacher helps unlock those undiscovered opportunities inside you.

They see what you really have within. And bring it out to the surface. Where you can polish it and turn it into fine treasure.

But notice that I said... "great teacher".

I have no qualms about saying that 99% of the teachers I've had in my life were terrible. And I hated them.

But the remaining 1%?

They believed in me.

They encouraged me.

They helped me unlock talent that I never knew I had deep within.

And they changed my life by encouraging me to focus on and refine my strengths.

And that's why... I'm so incredibly amazing now!

Just kidding. Ha ha.

Anyway...

I'm making progress daily too. Just like you. But a few great teachers really made the difference for me.

And I think it would be it would be a shame for such teachers not to receive the recognition they deserve.

Especially considering how rare they are.

Recently:

I've been doing a little experiment.

I decided to start creating some 'themed' wreaths. Like my recently drawn and illustrated "Teacher's Wreath", which makes for an amazing design on any gift for that teacher or teachers who made a difference in your life.

I wasn't expecting a lot, to be honest.

Didn't think that many people would like it.

But...

*BOOM*

The Teacher's Wreath turned into one of our best-sellers right now.

So:

I'll be making more themed wreaths in the near future. But for now...

I see something special inside you...

... but I don't know what it is.

Sincerely,
Aurelia Nobleia
"School Hater Extraordinaire"

P.S. The Adventures of Aurelia continues on Instagram and YouTube. If you need some daily laughs, or maybe even some inspiration, then you really should check it out. :)

...

This letter "How To Get In Hundreds Of Squats A Day This Fall" was first published on turnip.co